Friday, December 30, 2011

New Classes

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas/Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate.  I miss seeing my kids and grandkids at Christmas, but I don't miss the snow and cold of Massachusetts in December.  I see them in June or July when the weather is hot and sunny.

The Adult/Teen oil class for Saturday, January 7th at Cagan will be the beautiful birch trees on a red background.   I've taught this class in acrylics and oils, and everyone loved the trees.  You will be amazed at how easy it is to paint birch trees once you learn how.   Please email me at alckathyc@juno.com if you wish to take the class. 

The Student Art Show will be held at the Montrose Street Gallery from January 14th to the 28th.  Here's your chance to get some of your work out there on exhibit.  It does not have to be framed, but it might look better framed.  I hope that some of my students will arrange to exhibit their work.  I can bring it to the gallery to be hung, as it needs to be there before the exhibit opens.  No Charge for this exhibit.  Come on everyone - show off your great paintings.   All students who have taken a class at the South Lake Art League are eligible.

On Saturday, January 14th, I will be hosting a Treasure Box Paint Party at Cagan from 1 - 3:30 pm.   For a $5 donation, you will get a box, use of brushes and paints and a pattern of your choice, and you will paint a wonderful Treasure Box to be donated to a chronically ill child at the Shriner's Hospital.  You will not only be getting a lesson in painting, you will be doing something great for a child.   Adults and teens are welcome at this event.  Mothers, bring your daughters or sons for a painting day out.  Grandma's bring your grandkids.  Children 8 -10 are welcomed, but must be accompanied by an adult.

I haven't decided yet what the regular classes will be painting in February, but here are some of the workshops I will be offering in Feb/March:

On February 11 & 12 from 10 am to 4 pm I will be teaching a Paint Your Pet Workshop.  If you have a pet that you would love to paint - sign up.  You will learn the basics for painting animals in oils.   Canvas, paints & mediums are provided for the workshop fee of $150 ($135 for SLAL members)   Supply list provided for other materials.  Contact me if you wish to attend this popular workshop.  alckathyc@juno.com

On March 17th from 10 - 3 we will paint Moonwatch, a Joyce Ortner inspired painting of the night ocean/beach/moon and a palm tree.  It is really pretty.  Class fee is $60 and all paints and mediums are supplied.  If you wish to attend, let me know.  I'll send you the supply list.

Here's photos of what we'll be painting.  Hope to see you in class.

Kathie Camara


Birch Trees - Sat, Feb. 7th   10 am - 12 noon



Moonwatch    12 x 16 oil     Sat, March 17th    10 am - 3 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment