Two things I will be doing in June. One is that I am exhibiting 2 of my paintings at a Spring Fever - En Plein Air exhibit at Winter Garden City Hall starting at the opening reception on Friday, June 11 and ending August 31st. One of the paintings was done during the Spring Fever festival in Winter Garden where they invited artists to paint Plein Air. The other painting will be my Retro Citrus Tower.
The other thing I am trying to arrange is a Plein Air oil painting workshop on the Florida Keys. I am taking an Alexander Art Course for certification and the coordinator for the course will be presenting the workshop on June 14th from 9 to 4. It's a great way to begin my painting journey into the Alexander Art brushes, paints, mediums, etc. I'm trying to convince an artist friend of mine, Jane Zhao from Boca Raton, to go with me. Then, I won't have to drive all the way alone and I will be able to catch up with her.
Jane is the Bob Ross Certified instructor who teaches a 2 day workshop in Clermont once in a while, and we're talking about having her come back in the fall to teach another workshop. The students in the last workshop told me she was the best Bob Ross instructor they ever had, and one woman had been taking classes and painting for over 30 years.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment