I've had some very talented new students painting with me at Cagan Studio, both teens and adults. I'd like to share some of the paintings we've been doing in both the Wednesday Acrylic and the Saturday Oil classes. The Acrylic class painted Beach Runner and the oil class painted Kissing Dolphins. This week, we will be painting Sandcastles on Wednesday and Tiger in the Lake on Saturday.
I've had inquiries about whether students can paint with another medium in any class. If you have your own supplies, you are welcome to bring either oils or acrylics to the class and paint with what you are used to. I try to use the same style of painting for both mediums, so there should not be much of a difference. I will normally have painted the subject painting in both oils and acrylics, so I will be able to assist you. Just let me know in advance so I can have the proper medium with me (magic white, lean, or clearblend or whiteblend). I cannot, however, provide you with the alternative supplies, as I have to bring everything with me from home.
We normally paint on 11 X 14 canvas boards, and I ask that you bring a 14" or larger pizza box with you so you can transport your painting home without getting paint all over yourself and the car. Some other things you might want to bring with you, a large paint shirt to wear over your clothes, paper towels, baby wipes.
If you do bring your own supplies and the canvas needs to be basecoated in advance, I will tell you, which is why I need to know in advance that you are coming to the class. If we need a black canvas, it will be basecoated with black gesso or black acrylic paint. You can purchase the bottles of craft paint for basecoating. And, yes, acrylic is the only basecoat. Remember, You can paint oils over acrylics, but you cannot paint acrylics over oils.
 |
| Beach Runner |
 |
| Sandcastles |
 |
| Kissing Dolphins |
 |
| Tiger in Lake |
No comments:
Post a Comment